The discipline reveals its official program which includes many accommodations or refits. The French Championship and the Coupe de France are a combined program this year. The framework is common, the differentiation being established by the type of material admitted.
1) The FFSA French Championship, always challenge of an international nature, focuses on only three events in 2019.
- The first event marks the return of Magny-Cours in April (19 & 20) during a GT meeting, which should motivate the commitment of competitors well beyond the borders. It may be the first event in Europe involving the Superkart.(div.1)
- The second event will be held on a traditional circuit for the Superkart with the round of Nogaro but re-instating its historic date and popular meeting. It will take place alongside the Truck Grand Prix on June 22nd and 23rd, a headline which always attracts a regular public.
- The third stage will take place at the crossroads of Europe for continental competitors with the Dijon round. Forgotten frost, it is mid-July (14 & 15) that the Superkart will be inserted at one of the appointments of the TTE meeting.
2) The Coupe de France is therefore part of this program. The winner will be the one who finishes with the highest score among the drivers with non-homologated CIK engines. So all those who use older generations, 4-stroke package, all those no longer or not admitted to the European Championship. These competitors will have their own ranking with the hope of winning a goal within their grasp toward the better equipped tenors.
3) In order to stimulate everyone according to their level of performance, another novelty is instituted with a specific classification for Gentleman. Like traditional karting, this involves competitors over 45 years old.
4) The European Championship is also focusing. Only one event was selected by the FIA-CIK : Le Mans. This is the recurring end-of-season event (Inter-Ecuries 26 & 27 October). Its format in principle will involve three races but only the two best scores will be counted.
The title will be decided over one round, so the event should attract many competitors hoping to shine. The French must not miss this essential date, even if it has not been incorporated as in previous years into the French Championship.
5) To meet the expectations of European competitors concerned about wider sporting confrontations including more territories, a sport challenge outside official status is erected. Named Eurosuperkart, it includes the three events of the French Championship, plus the flagship event of Great Britain at Donington and the most popular event in Europe at Assen in the Netherlands. These are the two ex-European races which lose their FIA label but are nonetheless organized, revivals by local operators.
+ The FFSA does not derogate from its practice to offer a preferential rate for competitors who register for all FFSA events (Championship or Cup 1350 €). Entry fee on the ffsakarting.org website.
Friday 16 August 2019
Saturday 17 August 2019
Sunday 18 August 2019